Hughes Christensen Triton™ tricone bits from Baker Hughes are a dependable solution designed for simple, highly drillable formations without adding extra cost. Computational fluid dynamics modeling improves cuttings removal and reduces bit balling tendencies to improve penetration rates. High-quality materials and manufacturing processes help ensure durability to maintain an accurate borehole diameter.
- Conventional drilling applications
- Drillout applications
- Junk drilling applications
- Standard Bearing Package - A very reliable bearing package that incorporates field proven technology and precision manufacturing tolerances for increased reliability.
- Hardfacing - Durable hardfacing is applied to every tooth.
- Excellent Drilling Efficiency - The cutting structure features proven layouts with relieved cone steel and aggressive tooth pitches.
- Size: 12.25 in. (311.1 mm)
- Bit Type: RC117
- IADC: 117
- Tooth Type: Steeltooth
- Bearing / Seal Package: Journal / Shrouded O-ring
- Connection: 6-5/8 REG API
- Max. Weight on Bit: 20 - 47 klb (8 - 21 tn or kdaN)
- Rotational Speed: For Rotary and Motor Applications
- Make-up Torque: 28.0 - 32.0 kft-lb (38 - 43.4 kNm)