Hughes Christensen Triton™ tricone bits from Baker Hughes are a dependable solution designed for simple, highly drillable formations without adding extra cost. Computational fluid dynamics modeling improves cuttings removal and reduces bit balling tendencies to improve penetration rates. High-quality materials and manufacturing processes help ensure durability to maintain an accurate borehole diameter.
- Conventional drilling applications
- Drillout applications
- Junk drilling applications
- Standard Bearing Package - A very reliable bearing package that incorporates field proven technology and precision manufacturing tolerances for increased reliability.
- High Penetration Rate in Medium Formations - Medium tooth projection and reduced cone offset provide long life and good penetration rates in medium formations with harder streak.
- Size: 12.25 in. (311.1 mm)
- Bit Type: RC537
- IADC: 537
- Tooth Type: TCI
- Bearing / Seal Package: Journal / Shrouded O-ring
- Connection: 6-5/8 REG API
- Max. Weight on Bit: 27 - 65 klb (12 - 28 tn or kdaN)
- Rotational Speed: For Rotary and Motor Applications
- Make-up Torque: 28.0 - 32.0 kft-lb (38 - 43.4 kNm)